Friday 1 November 2013

Eve by Anna Carey Book Review

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her. 

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

My Rating: 3/5 stars



Lets start of with positives. I love fast-paced books and this was definitely one of them. It took me only one day to finish reading it. Also, i liked the concept of the book because it reminded me of Lauren Oliver's Delirium series which i adored. 
 However, this one didn't quite compare. 

Firstly, i didn't like the main protagonist, Eve. She had no character development throughout the book and left a mess wherever she went. I found it hard to connect with her and her personality just fell flat. Same goes for the love interest, Caleb. I had no reason to love him as he didn't have any special quirks. The romance was too quick and sort of insta-lovey. 

Plot-wise, i was interested to see what happened but it didn't really blow me away. Also, there was no real world building which made it hard for me to imagine a clear image. I don't know, maybe the character development and world building problem will be fixed in the sequel. 

Although, i'm curious enough to pick up the next book, i won't be reading it anytime soon. If the ending was a bit better and more of a cliffhanger then maybe i would have been more interested.

My Favorite Quote:
“I didn't know which was worse: to be killed by some brute animal or be taken off with a wild Neanderthal on horseback.”
-Tess xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment