Synopsis from Goodreads:
Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.
Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me,Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.
What I liked:
- I was really nice to be in Warner's head and get a view of what his thoughts were and why he was the way he was.
- I'm starting to really like Warner. He is such a complex character and this novella helped me to understood what he's really like and to be honest, he's not as bad as he seemed to be in Shatter Me.
- I found many similarities with him and Juliette and in a way he could help her.
- I still find Warner better and much more interesting than Adam.
What I disliked:
- Even though we do see things from his POV I still felt as though we didn't learn enough about his life so really understand him. I still have so many questions concerning him.
- I wish it was longer ,being in his head was just sooo interesting.
- Going back to what I said about liking him better than Adam, I'm still not Team Warner.
My Favorite Quotes:
“I've come to believe that the most dangerous man in the world is the one who feels no remorse. The one who never apologizes and therefore seeks no forgiveness. Because in the end it is our emotions that make us week, not our actions.”
My Rating: 4/5 stars