Synopsis from Goodreads:
Don''t miss this exciting short story that connects THE DARKEST MINDS to its much-anticipated sequel, NEVER FADE!
Gabe''s life has been devastated in the wake of the economic crash. The only option left for someone like him to escape his tragic past is to leave his small town behind and to attempt to become a skiptracer. This already almost impossible task is made all the more difficult by his first score, a young girl who won''t speak, but who changes his life in ways he could never imagine.
What I liked:
- Even though in the beginning i wasn't too sure on this new character (thought he had a bit of an attitude problem), he really grew on me which made the ending much more devastating!
- On the same topic of Gabe, i found him so funny and he went through so much character development in such a short novella. It has to be one of the best, if not, the best novella I've ever read.
- I loved seeing a certain familiar face from The Darkest Minds ;)
- We get to learn much more about the skiptracer network which we didn't see much of in the first book. I suspect Never Fade will also explain a lot of this.
- We also get to learn a lot more about the outside world and what other people i.e. everyone not a teen were doing. I'm glad because we really didn't get much of an idea in TDM and it's always interested me how the rest of the country were handling the situation.
What I disliked:
- There was literally nothing i didn't enjoy about this novella, although, I wouldn't have minded if it was longer.
My Favorite Quotes:
“Sometimes the darkness lives inside you, and sometimes it wins.”
My Rating: 5/5 Stars
Have you guys read In Time? What did you think? - Tess x